View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 07:29 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes I want to read it. I always thought it was Max's parents pushing for the adoption. I could be wrong but you are right they never talked about it. No one in the group really did.

In a fan fic I wrote called The Jounrey Home I wrote how Larry and Jen from the Pilot and the Convention adopted Zan and that Max, Liz, and even Tess at one point did get to visit Zan when he was still a baby.

Writing that Jen and Larry adopted Zan put my mind at peace. At least they were connected to Max and Liz somehow.
Phillip looked and acted surprised that Max decided on adoption when he broaches it after the week. Despite the circumstances, Diane appeared to me as someone who would have loved to have the baby to help with. Would be all about helping out with her grandchild.

Of course Phillip and Diane having adopted, would be pro-adoption. I just never thought Max would go there, given the issues that came from being adopted for him and Isabel. But thinking the baby was human probably was a gamechanger for Max, and gave him the confidence that the baby could be raised without the fear.

Of course they were run out of town soon after, and it would have been a complicated cover to have a baby with them. Of course newly wed teen parents with a baby was a better cover than six teenagers in a van touring the US... LOL

But it gave Liz peace of mind. But then they were forced away from home.

About fan fiction: The reboot in it's own way energized my writing. And thinking about our version gave me all kinds of idea, and seeing the show from different points of view. So, it's fun to explore and give Max and Liz angst, but usually a happy ending LOL.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!