View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 05:54 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Yes Poddy, Post Malone. His music isn't bad - we heard some on the radio today. I told Mr ML that was the guy with the tattoed face and pink outfit at New Year's eve (lol). I think a person must have a lot of self-hatred/issues, to tattoo all over his face (it's usually a him).

I like Ryan Seacrest too, and he was trying very hard. And at least they didn't have Jenny McCarthy this year, had that dark haired girl with giant eyes who looked like a vampire - He's upbeat and hard working and pleasant - Mr ML couldn't get over how short he was, even shorter than the KPOP Korean boys. He dated Julianne Hough from DWTS briefly - they had being short and blond in common, I think - and talented and ambitious. (didn't work out! lol) He's doing the Kelly Rippa show now, as cohost (plus several radio shows and host gigs - very hard working).

I think I'm pretty much 'over' New Year's eve! We don't drink, we don't go out and party, we don't go to any of the "First Night" things (which of course, are actually Last Nights). I've sat home my entire life, watching the stupid ball fall down in NYC (as a kid, while my parents went out to parties) and I am over it! We tried going out to a fancy party at a hotel one year along with his brother and wife and some friends, with a party, a room, breakfast after - meh.

There's a polar plunge in Boston too. One of Tom's (energetic) cousins does it every year. Brrrr! At least it's not that cold right now up here (above freezing is 'not that cold')

Good memory, Keepsmiling! Yes, Mr ML has a birthday coming up. My nephew's 4 year old has the same birthday too! That's nice your youngest son is coming to have his birthday with you. My son is turning 40 in the fall and he wants to 'do something' together to celebrate - need to put on our 'thinking caps'! You have cooked and cleaned and entertained your (loving) fingers to the bone already for your family - yes, eat out!

We ate out with my Star Trek fan lady friends - known each other almost 40 years, I was pregnant with Mlette when we met. The two of them turn 75 this year. MLette and her BF came, my friend's old (90ish) husband. We had Chinese food, it was a nice day. Talked books and movies and TV shows.

Wen is doing okay, I think; still struggling with this medical thing and the next. Her daughter has been working during the Christmas rush at a factory she worked at last year, but now they are about to lay her off again. That stinks, being hired when they need you, work them like slaves, kick them to the curb in the New Year. Her nephew had a new baby girl. Lots of new babies in that family.

And Belated Happy Birthday to Jason Behr, Dec 30 Sorry we didn't shout out the day sooner (it's on my calendar, I have no excuse).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan