View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 12:01 PM
clarkson_fan
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
good point. She didn't have to do that. She helps him with the boat after everything that happened that day. She could have declined.

I am still not sure if she was jealous when Andie said they were back together. I go back and forth. The episodes after are telling. They were very flirty with each other in the beginning of ETWI. It wasn't written that way, but the writers kept it in. At Thanksgiving, her face lights up when she says Pacey has his moments. I originally missed that episode, so I had caught the reruns and felt it meant something

I'm not sure either. I think, at the very least, she was uncomfortable with it - and she probably didn't quite understand why. I think what Andie says happened with that guy did happen, for sure, but I also kinda think she saw it as an opportunity to get back together with Pacey and used it shamelessly and I think Joey kind of saw that and it just...it wasn't good.

Was Joey a little jealous? Maybe an inkling of it, but I think mostly she didn't like what Andie was doing to Pacey, after she hurt him, and using something in order to sneakily get back together with him instead of letting Pacey truly decide if he wanted to or not and letting it happen naturally, if it was gonna happen at all.

And I also think that does speak of growing care by Joey for Pacey, which is the start of feelings, in my book. If it had happened in season 2, Joey wouldn't have been that invested or cared all that much, she just wouldn't have.