View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 04:18 PM
BlondieLeigh
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
TV: On the subject of fans of the show: People were very excited when you revealed your daughter's name to be Aurora, and that it starts with an "A." Was that something that you thought about at all?

TB:
No. Well, it never crossed my mind until, like, an initial occurred. We were playing in our playroom and I just put A's everywhere, and then I was like, "Oh my God, I've done it to myself!" I have nobody to blame for this, and it's so funny that a motif will crop up in your life totally unconsciously.

TV: How did you choose the name?

TB:
We had a different name, and then we were considering boy's names, 'cause we didn't know what sex she was going to be. And we were in Greece, so we were looking at a lot of Greek mythology, and we were like, "Oh, if we have a son, maybe you should name it something having to do with the actual sun." We were looking at the name Helios, and then we thought that Helios had a sister named Eos, and we didn't love Eos. But then we learned in Roman mythology that Eos was Aurora, which is the goddess of the dawn. And we thought it would be nice that she would be our dawning of a new day in our life, and then we were like, "Well, that's, you know, laden and cumbersome and really, like, a lot for a name." So we went back to our other names. [But] Aurora kept on cropping up in both Patrick and my lives. It just wouldn't go away.

But now it's really funny, because I didn't tell him that Aurora... he didn't know that Aurora was a Disney princess's name. I didn't even think of it, honestly. 'Cause I was thinking about it in terms of the historical context. So many people now are like, "Oh, like a Disney princess?" And I feel like Patrick's like, "Ugh."

TV: What age do you think your daughter will be when you show her Pretty Little Liars?

TB:
To be honest, because I grew up in a family that also produced television... we don't see our parents as anything other than our parents. [Editor's note: Troian's mom is actor/producer Deborah Pratt and her dad is Donald P. Bellisario, producer and screenwriter.] Like it was cool to watch my mom on film, but I certainly never wanted to watch her act. I don't know. I hope that that doesn't come off as rude, but I don't imagine that Aurora would want to see my work on Pretty Little Liars, or Patrick's work on Suits. I don't think she'll care. She'll be like, "That's weird, you're mom, you're there on the TV. Okay. Weird." So I don't imagine me sitting her down and showing her. Hopefully, it will just be something that she will come upon at the right time, and probably not care about at all.
X

Leigh Tumblr