View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:31 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

ABC dropping live viewership ratings.
Quote:
ABC is set to become the second of the major networks to no longer use Live+Same Day figures to measure the performance of its shows (with the exception of live programming), according to an internal memo sent out by ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke.

As viewership has evolved, so too has our ability to capture and monetize it, from C3 to C7 all the way to Multiplatform 35-day. And going forward, that will be reflected in how we report it internally and externally,” wrote Burke in her memo. “This move aligns us with how we evaluate the comprehensive performance of our shows, how we monetize our business and how our audience chooses to consume our content. People used to plan their lives around television, now they plan television around their lives.”
ABC to Stop Using Live+Same Day Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, this is where I agree with all of you. I prefer live TV, but I want them to take On Demand and that type of thing into account for ratings.
Okay we definitely all agree on that! I guess a lot of us just don't want our shows to be renew/cancelled based Neilsen viewership.