View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 04:41 PM
BehrItAll
Fan Forum Star

I started listening to the series on Audible. I only listened to the first two.

Kristy's Great Idea.
I am so happy this series is on Audible. BSC is what got me into reading at a young age. I’d save up my allowance to buy as many as these book as I could.*
The first book still holds up and is a great story for girls to look up to.*

I am also amazed at how many things I remembered about the characters and plot line.*
My 4 out of 5 rating is that I thought Elle Fanning did speak a tad too fast. But other than that she did get Kristy’s emotional feelings right.*

Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls

Claudia was my favorite member of the BSC. I identified with her the*most as a girl because we both loved art, junk food, and were not very good spellers.*

This was a fun and nostalgic listen for October.* It is set*around Halloween and any of the scenes where the girls were baby sitting and the house was making noises were creepy-comedic.*

The end though,*I didn't*like (and I had forgotten) that the caller was a boy from school who liked Kristy. It was a bad lesson for to reward his bad behavior. On some level*you have to excuse the ending because it was written in 1986. It would*never be written*that way today*because now*we know better, or at least we*should. *

I did love how the girls made a plan for*what to do if the actual burglar*were to attack while they were baby-sitting, and I did love how smart Claudia was at the end*when calling the police.*

4 out of 5 Creepy House Noises.