View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 05:43 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Indie / Drama - THE GIRL NEXT DOOR

+ What did you like best about the movie? Why?

It isn't afraid to explore the sadistic psychological depths of someone who is supposed to be a surrogate parent actually be a disgusting abuser and corrupt young children into believing her sick lies.

+ What did you like least about the film? Why?

The ending didn't really feel like an ending. I mean... It just ends. I would have liked to have seen the boys on trial for their actions and seen more of an effort by the paramedics to save Meg, instead of her just quietly dying next to David.

+ Who was your favorite character in the movie? Why?

Meg. Loyal and loving to her sister, paying the ultimate price for being brave. She is an incredibly tragic character and the actress does an amazing job of showing the regression of a bubbly personality to someone who has been shamed and humiliated.

+ Who was your least favorite character in the film? Why?

Ruth. The epitome of evil. Ruthless (pun intended). She has to be one of the scariest characters I've ever seen, and reminds me of a cult leader in how she can so easily manipulate young minds into following her madness.

+ Comments:

Convincing performances all-round and a low-key horror movie that isn't in your face with gore or shock content. It picks its moments to be shocking and truly frightens when those moments occur. It's also about the human and heartbreaking nature of people who try to escape abusive situations.

+ What would you rate this movie out of 5 stars?

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote