View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 01:35 PM
SouthernSweetieTX
Master Fan

My dad is a go go go kinda guy too. He's slowed down a bit since he retired. He made the kids get up by 8 AM EVRY day of summer when we lived with them after Lee died. It was awful.

Very cool about the DNA! How did your dad find that out?

I found my candle at Marshall's. It's from Scentsational. I've never heard of them, but I love this scent! It's a natural coconut wax blend. Burns super smooth, and made in the USA, the company's in Florida established in 1998.

Starbucks makes pretty good bread. This one has an entire can of pumpkin in one loaf. Which, side note, isn't really pumpkin at all. 100% solid packed pumpkin is actually a blend of winter squashes and contains zero pumpkin. Who knew. It's a copycat recipe, but it does a really good job of getting it right!

This will be my first pair of ballet flats. I've wanted a pair of Tieks for years now and couldn't justify their price tag. I paid 80.00 for the ones I ordered; way less than the 175.00 Tieks start at. The reviews said the toe box was roomy. We shall see. I'm pretty much a flip flop kinda girl. I have a pair of tie-up Converse I never wear and a pair of slip-on Converse with elastic at the heel. I don't even pull that up over my heels, I slip them on like mules. I don't have fantastic arches... but I wear flat shoes with no support all the time. I did see a FB ad for an arch support sock yesterday and wondered if it would help. Again, I don't really have shoes that would accommodate a sock. I digress. I want to love them, so I hope I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I blame my go go go on my dad. Like it was unacceptable in my house growing up to just be sitting around and wasting a day watching TV. My dream day, to be honest. But he would always be, "what are you doing today?" you should go outside...yeah, dad, I just spent a week at school and nightly soccer practices, if I want a few hours to veg out I can do that. But yeah, not in my dad's DNA.

Speaking of DNA I found out yesterday I'm a descendant of Thomas Putnam, the guy responsible for the Salem Witch Trials. I can pinpoint that exact moment that our family lost our wealth as he was disinherited and his father, also in my blood line, was the richest man in Salem at the time. I mean come on, get it together. That part of my family came from Devonshire, England. My dad sent me a full report on all of this yesterday.

I think I have a white pumpkin candle in my house somewhere but it's meant to be a gift. But if it hangs around long enough I'm going to steal it.

I love Starbucks' banana bread. I've never had their pumpkin bread.

Ballet flats never work for me for some reason, they always pinch my toes.