View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 09:37 PM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Six Feet Under ended pretty amazingly too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I am still triggered by this after all these years.

For those who didn't watch it, this was the GOT "The Iron Throne" of sitcoms. Years of character development out the window, needlessly depressing forced ending, couples built up and trashed last minute for shock, rushed major plot points, etc. I am seriously getting trust issues with shows trying to be edgy and "sUbVeRtInG eXpEcTaTiOns" at the expense of what makes sense to the plot nowadays that it's hard for me to get too invested now. I have been happy with sad/non-optimistic endings in other shows but that's because they made sense with the plot's development.

I can't rewatch HIMYM, I honestly tried but with a fan made "movie version" of the final season with an alternate ending. I still couldn't look past the abomination that was the original finale and how pointless everything was thanks to the ending. Now GOT is heading this way with me too and I loved this show so much that I read all the background lore as well as the books. I can't see Dany rise up without being mad at what they did to her, broke this powerful and just woman, who dragged herself up from being sold as a slave, who was strong and feminine at the same time in an extremely sexist world...and made her die "evil" and begging for a man to love her, while he puts her down like a dog with rabies. The same goes for some other characters, I think Jamie comes in next for ultimate butchered arc for me.

I hope one day I can at least watch up till S7's end but it's not looking good right now. I will always love Dany as a character though.
Exactly