View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

I've never discussed this with anyone, but now I'm inspired.

I think that the major B/M fight in s5 (that breaks my heart more than anything else in this entire series... ) is in part Michael letting out some of his long-standing anger and pain towards Brian for his unresolved feelings for him. The "Waiting for YEARS for you to say, 'I love you'"...I don't think he's really talking about Justin here. At least, not totally...

As much as I dislike Michael through much of s5 (which is so conflicting because I LOVE Michael), I can kind of understand why he's overly harsh with Brian in a couple of instances. I think Ben was a distraction for a while, but Michael never put his feelings for Brian to bed (I won't even get into Brian's side right now), still loved him, etc. and he's finally letting himself feel really pissed that he never got what he wanted... or perhaps he's even angry with himself for not trying harder to get it and he's projecting it onto Brian.

Michael receiving Brian's wedding invitation, and his reaction about it being BS . . . again, don't think it's so much about B/J as Michael's unresolved feelings. Yes, the timing of when it happens in the show makes it seem like he's angry because of how Brian was being judgmental about gays getting married in general, but I think Mikey's mainly angry that it's not his own name on that invitation...

Well, no one may agree with me, but it was fun to finally get that out.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote