View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 01:48 PM
worthyoflove
Elite Fan

Love that he honors those who inspire him. For those who haven't seen it, Taylor narrated Terry Fox's ESPN 30 for 30, which was produced by Pete, about 10 years ago.

Quote:
July 28, 1958 – Terrance Stanley Fox is born in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

March 9, 1977 – Terry discovers he has a malignant tumour in his right leg; the leg is amputated 15 centimetres (six inches) above the knee. The night before his amputation he reads about an amputee runner and dreams of running.

February 1979 – Terry begins training for his Marathon of Hope, a cross-Canada run to raise money for cancer research and awareness. During his training he runs over 5,000 kilometres (3,107 miles). October 15, 1979 – Terry writes to the Canadian Cancer Society to support his run: “I’m not a dreamer, and I’m not saying this will initiate any kind of definitive answer or cure to cancer, but I believe in miracles. I have to.” April 12, 1980 – St John’s, Newfoundland: Terry dips his artificial leg into the Atlantic Ocean and begins his odyssey. He runs an average of 42 kilometres a day (26 miles) through six provinces.

September 1, 1980 – After 143 days and 5,373 kilometres (3,339 miles) Terry stopped running outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario; his primary cancer had spread to his lungs. Before returning to BC for treatment Terry said, “I’m gonna do my very best. I’ll fight. I promise I won’t give up.” Passed way too soon but man did he live.
Happy birthday Terry Fox
#terryfox
#inspiresomeonetoday