View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:50 AM
Big Head want Dolly
Fan Forum Hero

miamaestro
I got to film in TECATE this past weekend. Felt quite poignant to be crossing the border to Mexico while the Trump administration was gearing up ICE raids and instigating fear amongst immigrants and political refugees in the United Sates.
I got to think of all my experiences crossing that border so far. Always surprised at the ease on how these two communities πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ navigate from one side to the other, sharing one ecosystem, one land as the desert and the ocean know no borders. Made me wonder who in the executive branch has ever walked from side to side... Every time I’ve been there it’s been a coming together of two countries joining forces to either fight for their rights like in the @cleanborderwaternow campaign by @surfrider or to gather in community. The most memorable time being when we got to give out a hand to @jr at his picnic installation in Baja. This picnic was a celebration of two countries breaking bread and TEA πŸ™‹πŸ»*♀️ together over the eyes of a dreamer, sharing music, hope and art. Here are a few images of the amazing days we got to spend with JR and his team there πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ»

T.