View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Modo1013
Part-Time Fan

Late to the party. This has been my favorite S 6 episode. Things are starting to come together. Everyone was so good.

My thoughts by character/storyline.

Abby
She just falls deeper into the abyss of bad decisions. I can't even hate her. Both of the men she loves have floated, in large part because of her. All this talk from her and Kane about finding their humanity again. I really doubt that it is possible for her now. And she still has no idea what happened to her daughter. When and if she does find out, will she even have enough fight left in her? Everything she had was poured into saving Marcus, as if that could wash away all that happened in the bunker. Octavia isn't the only one who has been in denial about guilt. Kudos to Paige for that last scene with HIC. She brought it.

Kane
There was no way he was gonna let the body swap stand. Not the guy who went to the pit to stand up for what's right. I think the floating was full circle for him and a very poignant and fitting end. He went out a hero. Kudos to Greyston Holt for having the subtleties of Kane down. So glad we got to say goodbye to Kane with HIC. He along with Isaiah Washington brought gravitas to this little CW show. I just wish Kane could have shared one scene with Bellamy over the last season and a half. As always, HIC was awesome. I will miss him and his luxurious main.

Indra
Took about two minutes to find out what's what and handled things like a boss. I was so glad that she was there to send off her friend. I loved her relationship with Kane. Such respect between them. I thought I saw tears in her eyes as she opened the hatch. Adina Porter is such a talent. Just set Indra, Octavia, and Echo loose on Sanctum and watch the whole regime fall. It would be all over in about an hour. Fifteen minutes if we added Diyoza to the mix.

Raven
So Kane has passed the baton of moral conscience to Raven now. Not really feeling it. After not having much of a storyline, I suppose they needed to give her something to do. Besides bitch people out, that is. And Raven still has no idea what happened to Clarke or anything else going on in Sanctum. She’s usually the character with the most knowledge about the situation. It will be interesting to see how she reacts when she finds out what is actually going down.

Niylah with a gun. Alright. Simone looking like someone slapped her. Even better.

Octavia
Her journey to redemption has begun. To be honest, I was getting tired of seeing her wallow in self pity and self loathing. Loved, loved, loved that it was Pike of all people to get her to face things. She killed him just as he was starting on his road to redemption. Great writng and acting in their scene. It was cool how Marie looked so young and almost innocent as she was planning to ride off and save the day. Looking forward to seeing her kick butt for the right reasons.

Pike
I mostly lurked on forums back in S3. I never liked Pike, but, I understood why he felt and reacted the way he did. It was so fitting that his death (murder, really) is what started Octavia on her slide into the dark. Mike Beach is such an intense actor. I enjoyed every line of his scenes with Marie.

Gabriel
I'm still piecing together what this guy is really after. He seems to still have a soft spot for Josephine, so, it will be interesting when Clarke shows up there. I had to laugh when he was almost pouting about Octavia not remembering what happened in the anomaly. He seems as obsessed with finding out what happened there, as he was in saving Jo. I don't 100% trust him.

And what the hell happened to Diyoza? She's been gone for a while. That kid should be a tween by now.

Clarkephine
So they can see each other outside of the mind space now. That can't be good, especially for Josephine. A pissed off Clarke is not to be messed with. It sounds like she's gonna pull a Raven and be left with a few extra talents. Like she needs those. I'm sure they will be helpful somehow in saving the day. And she can suddenly fight really well, too. Clarke is awesome enough without turning her into Wonder Woman. After the way things were in the beginning of the season, I was really hoping that everyone else would rally to save her this time. Eliza is tearing it up playing two parts. She looks like she's having a blast.

Bellamy
Confident Bellamy is everything. I miss that Bellamy. So he lets himself loose and goes wandering through the maneating forest to find Clarke. I really hope they don't have Octavia save him from the trees. Would love to see the script directions for what he was supposed to be thinking when he said "I won't let you die". Good lord that was a long pause before that came out. About 15 emotions flew across his face there. We know, Bellamy. Everybody knows, hun. Bob Morley always kills those soft scenes. He has wonderfully expressive eyes.

Because it must be said, Eliza and Bob are riveting to watch on screen. They just have it.

Last edited by Modo1013; 07-11-2019 at 07:15 PM