View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
A THOUSAND times this! I could understand Original Recipe Gabriel being infatuated with Josephine, especially since she was laying on the flirtation and pursuing him pretty heavily, but he would have figured out how much of a train wreck she really was a LONG time ago.

Even more unbelievable was Josephine-via-Clarke saying she'd been in love with Gabriel for 236 years. B!tch, please. I have seen zero indication over the past nine episodes that you even know what the word 'love' means, much less ever really felt that way about Gabriel, much MUCH less still do.
I'm gonna be side-eyeing this show really hard if they try to sell us Jobriel as a real relationship to root for. It really seems to me like they've been framing Josephine as a manipulative, murderous, and narcissistic sociopath, so it's hard to believe that she could ever truly love anyone other than herself. And they made a point of telling us that Gabriel desires AND fears her. It's not a healthy, viable romantic situation. But we'll see... I wouldn't put it past these writers to switch gears and try to sell us this garbage as true love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I’m really glad that HIC was in that final scene too, that scene would have lost some emotional bite if he wasn’t. And honestly, I felt worse for Indra losing Kane than Abby losing Kane.

Thoughts on this?

I think there's definitely something going on there with that pattern on the poster that mimics the layout of the fields around Sanctum. There was that theory a while back on twitter that made some vague connections with that pattern, DNA, and the whole purification of blood concept that Josephine is so big on.

But I'm skeptical that this has anything explicit to do with Bill Cadogan or Becca. They were on Earth doing weird stuff with the Flame and were never in contact with the people on Sanctum as they were inventing the Primes cult. Whatever the connection is, it would have to go all the way back to Earth before the apocalypse. There seemed to be issues with water rationing and some sort of dust bowl situation. Maybe the nightblood was originally created to help people cope with whatever changes were happening on Earth and then got repurposed into use for space travel and for mind drives and flames and stuff (because nightblood does literally everything on this show.) So the concept of nightbloods being genetically superior may go all the way back to Earth and might even connect with the fascist government Diyoza was supposedly fighting against.

I don't know... all I know is that we need way more info about that stuff. It's way more interesting to me than Abby or Clarke or Bellamy or Madi or Raven... Basically I think it's time to cancel this show and do a prequel that focuses on Earth before the apocalypse with Diyoza as the protagonist.