View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:39 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Aww, poor Buddy! It must be hard for him having those GI issues. Goldie doesn't have them fortunately, so we just feed her dry food, but when I get up she always expects and gets a treat from me! She really likes the Blue Wilderness Biscuits.

Goldie usually doesn't cry. When she wants something, she'll bark,or she'll jump on me, but she usually only does that when she wants to go for a walk.
So glad Goldie doesn’t have any GI issues. Goldie knows how to get those treats. Yes, when Buddy’s crying for food, I know it’s a sound I cannot ignore. He looks and feels so much better once he gets something to eat. For whatever reason, he is not able to properly digest dry dog food. The receptionist at the Vet Clinic we go to has a cat who can only eat soft food as well.

For Buddy, there are a few things he is allowed as far as natural foods... cooked green beans/carrots and apples. Those are the three “safe” foods. Well, if you give him too many apples he will get an upset stomach (I believe due to texture). Those cooked veggies are very soft whereas apples are not as soft. Goes back to him needing soft dog food. So I mostly give him green beans and carrots for treats and occasionally, a little bit of an apple very finely chopped.