View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 04:09 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Listen, I hate these Primes and would love for Bellamy to find a gun and blow ‘em all to kingdom come. But I just can’t understand the mindset that any of this is OOC. If there is one thing that 6 seasons should have taught us, it’s that Bellamy is an incredibly complicated character whose decisions are complicated, too. And let’s not forget that probably the darkest time in his life resulted from his desire to seek vengeance and fight a war. I think this episode showed us that that side of Bellamy is very much still in there (we saw it come out in 6x02 during the eclipse, too), but I think it’s pretty understandable why he wouldn’t want to be consumed by that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
The list could go one. Point is, Bellamy has made numerous difficult decisions. Each time according to what he thought best for his people - even at great personal cost and under pressure or in grief.
Yes, but this is also a difficult decision. I’m not a fan of the scripts being released, but even the script described this as the most difficult decision of his life. I think he did make the decision of what he thought was best for his people. And one can argue that . . . it actually might be. For now, at least. Any sort of retaliation right now almost surely ends in his death and the death of the others, which surely Clarke wouldn’t want.

With all that being said, I do hope he realizes the importance of keeping a close eye on Madi right now. Or, you know, it doesn’t all have to be on Bellamy. Any of them could be thinking about that, especially since they’re definitely not grieving as intensely as he is.

Quote:
Clarke would want him to continue fighting to save their people. And Monty would want him to do it with no bloodshed.
And he’s avoided bloodshed so far. And who’s to say he won’t continue fighting? Define fighting, anyway. Sometimes fighting is surviving and doing what you need to do rather than what you want to do.

Anyway, I’m probably done talking about this here. I thought it was a stellar episode in general, and especially for Bellamy, the man who cannot just have a good simple day EVER.
ICON