View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Best line of the episode, Diyoza telling Octavia she isn't boring. I want more of these two. But I am wondering why Octavia suddenly has dreads.

So apparently the Primes don't even allow those who don't have the Nightblood gene to reproduce? They literally just allow people to be born to serve or become hosts. That's it.

Abby really has gone off her rocker. And she should know Kane would never be okay with what she's planning to do.

I agree with Fuzzy, something about Bellamy's reaction to things just didn't feel right. Accepting the deal so they survive? Trusting that the Primes will stick to that? Nope. Not Bellamy.

Murphy was spot on.

I really appreciated Echo not allowing that man to suffer. I'm hoping she's the one to light a fire under Bellamy and get him out of this complacency.

Can't wait to see what Madi does next.
Maybe with the granny hand Octavia is having a hard time brushing her hair?

It doesn't make much sense that they only let nightbloods reproduce, right? Because they said they're out of host bodies... so doesn't that mean that the Primes themselves should be popping out babies together as fast as they can??? That's the one surefire way to make more nightbloods in their situation. But that doesn't seem to be what they're doing. So then they have to be genetically testing the people to see if they're carriers and then breeding them. Which would mean that the gene is recessive, which you and I established last week wouldn't make sense. It's just a mess.

Yeah, I'm hoping we get some quality time with Kane to discuss the concept of living forever by snatching bodies. Because if they offer him this solution, he's gonna say no. Because he's Kane. So then what is Abby going to do? For a "doctor," she has an appalling track record with informed consent and ethics.

You make a good point about trusting the Primes to keep their word. They made a big point of showing us that the mind drives are a finite resource, so I feel like they're gonna start to get a little carried away promising people immortality and then not being able to follow through. Like what is the deal, even? That Bellamy won't retaliate, they'll all trick Abby into turning everyone into nightbloods so that the Primes (and only the Primes) can live forever, and in exchange all 400 people from Earth get to live in the compound? And maybe get turned into nightbloods so they can sacrifice themselves for the Primes? This is a really ****ty deal.

Madi is probably going to betray the Jedi and kill all the younglings. I think that's how this story goes.