View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Malha
Master Fan

Yes this thread is slow we were waiting for all of you to come back and post

Tine! Good to see you around here
There are some survivors here and there that come back from time to time but the 'old' people have pretty much all left

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina87
Hey guys... kinda new around here... this thread moves a bit slow though.
Hey welcome to the thread
It's a bit slow but things have been improving a little. Please stay around, it's not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspot
I think it can be fustrating if you get a low mark at any exam, especially if it ruins your whole final mark in one subject. But on the other hand it's a call to put more attention in your study and what you are being asked.
True. You only learn from your mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - cris -
Truth is, my thoughts towards exams change a lot (and I do mean A LOT) when I'm in exams time. When I'm studying at first it's all fun and games, you know "what else do I want, I have no classes left, all I have to do is read read and memorize memorize while I listen to some music and drink coffee"...then, when the exams are nearer than before it's all about "oh my god I know nothing, i'm failing so bad i can't believe it, what the hell have I done with my time?" but then the exam arrives, and no matter if I do bad or not, I sincerely don't give it much thought until the mark arrives. It just strikes me that the exam is over, and whatever I could have or couldn't have done with my time...it's not possible to change it anymore.
Well, I have exactly the same way of seeing things. When I'm in full exam period, because I usually have one exam a day, I'm all "this one is done, next!" and I don't think about the mark much until I get the results.

It only gets bad when I have the time to think. Like right now. I spent the last two days re-reading Hard Times again and all I have in my head is that the characters are stupid and that I absolutely hate Dickens. I have the feeling it's not going to help me

But I guess most of us have the same reaction when it comes to exams, with more or less stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Candyman-
I got two of my assignments back yesterday and I got a B. I really thought I worked hard and put alot of effort in, yet in the end I get a mediocre result It really does suck.
I'm sorry You've obviously done your best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cite Des Anges
Oh my god it's so great you're studying something you love have you changed your field ? You were studying law right ?
Anyway as Cris said once it's done there's nothing else you can do besides during the exams one lose something like 30% of their capacity so it's normal not to be at the top
Yes, I changed. I am now studying English (LLCE comme ont dit). It's really easy compared to real estate law!
I didn't know we lost capacity during exams! Always nice to learn something new. All I knew so far is that I lost sleep