View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Giotto
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aśka (View Post)
Ted lost himself completly. It wasn't him anymore, just addict person and if he could then Emmett would go down with him. Like it was said, he always had this weakness in him by not feeling worth and someone who deserved being loved and happy.

It's hard episodes but it was so fast. It's not realistic and when writers wants to show something, even or because it's so difficult and painful topic, it should be realistic. For me it wasn't, it's not so quickly in real life. For me they wanted some actions and drama but they needed it only for few episodes so they did it but they forgot that it's a real life issue. It's something you can't pass just like that and removed, it takes time - months.
Not that I like to see Brian in pain and being sick. If I could choose, I wouldn't write it for him - and it's not because I don't want to see him so lost, fragile and helpless. But they put him through this sh.it so I would want to see it all, not just some part.
It's the same was with Justin and bashing - the difference is that cancer takes time but with bashing they didn't need to write that Justin was so traumalized and then he was so quickly fine - it was too unreal.
Getting better it's a process, not marathon. You can't skip some parts, it's not a victims or sick people choice.

I think what we don't have is a defined timeline.. it makes us think it is over quickly, but we really don't know.. yes we have Mels pregnancy as a little help, but nothing else.. With having a sister treated for BC, and a brother in law with TC, I know that treatment is up to at least 3 months, if the surgeries and radiation is the lowest you get, cause they found it early enouh.. after that it has a lot of followups.. soo.. not seeing the real timeline, it might not be that unrealistic.. we don't need to see Brian go to treatments every episode ..it is enough to see him suffer a few episodes, and I mean he does to the end of the season

icon by Daggi