View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Big Head want Dolly
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaↄkpink (View Post)
People really use the internet for the most useless and vile things. Imagine being THAT bored and hateful. I hope it all stays sorted and they can track down who did it.
I hope so, too - you never know with RBW though *sigh* Yes, it's really sad to see and so frustrating too, because discussions are going around in circles and apparently only few in the Mamamoo fandom are capable of not feeding trolls/engaging in inane debates that lead absolutely nowhere

I know I shouldn't have been surprised after witnessing all the disgusting comments around anything related to YG/Burningnsu, but I still couldn't believe the amount of comments that were okay with the hurtful things that were edited into the MV titles because "they deserved it for what they did"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
I missed that. Sure, they were in the wrong at the time, but using that as an excuse to attack them now isn't any less wrong. They apologised and it wasn't the first example of a lack of education where backface is concerned.

I'd say the evidence points to it being a westerner, seeing as one of the changed titles calling them racists is racist.

The other 99.99% of fandoms mentioned will also be embarrassed about being associated with such a petty, idiotic clown.
Exactly, no one is even demanding from anyone to accept their apology - fans just want - after two years - people to leave them alone and to stop spreading false information (there's people claiming every two months or so - and especially during/before comebacks - that they kept doing it more than once and that they are highly problematic). It's frustrating that the first thing the autofill option on Twitter or Google suggests when you search for Mamamoo is still often BF and r'cist

Yes, I agree It's also very similar to people on Twitter insisting that this is a crime on par with slavery and that they should be "cancelled" and hated forever for it because the apology wasn't sincere/doesn't matter anyway (even more infuriating are those who completely change their stand on issues like this when mistakes by themselves or their favourite idols are brought up, but that's another debate entirely...) It's sadly not the first time I've come across this "they should have died in that car accident" comment...

There was a "wave" of more reasonable fans coming out of the woodwork eventually
Quote:
But there are many who don't like to see people grow from their mistakes. They just want to use mistakes to perpetuate hate. Forever an ongoing battle.
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaↄkpink (View Post)
On another note, will I ever get over Hwasa's cf? Probably not.
That original IG pic clearly left quite the impression on everyone

Ok, now on to more pleasant things:

Other stuff:
Spoiler:

T.