View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
What's sad is that Ted did try to drag him down. Unintentionally... I mean, I don't believe he wanted to, it just happened. I'm SO, SO glad Emmett didn't get addicted to that stuff along with Ted. He could have easily developed one, but fortunately he didn't. His resolve wasn't very strong, though, and it took Brian basically telling him "Ted's going to drop dead soon if he continues down this path" before he could get out of that situation. Brian just might have saved both their lives here, because had Emmett gotten hooked on that stuff, they would have been each other's undoing.
He was definitely spiraling downward and pulling anything and anyone down along with him. People who get that low will try to drag others down with them (even unintentionally) because misery loves company. And Ted is clearly so far gone that he has no concept of how terrible he's being to his long-time best friend and the person who loves him more than anyone else. Gosh, the more I discuss this the more heartbreaking it gets. And as a Ted girl, I absolutely hate seeing him that way.

Quote:
I love this but as much they started awasome and everything... It takes longer in real life and that's why it feels for me that they screwed this one. Ted's falling was real and all this situations that happened were true. It was a process, painful one but they didn't skip anything. And I can't tell this about this other one, it was too fast everything, I count it and it takes months and not weeks. So for me as much as I love this other drama... it should be played better, with more attention to make it real. I feel sad every time I watch it.
I'm a little confused, are you saying Brian's cancer was shown too fast? (I realized this wasn't a season discussion thread so it probably doesn't need to be in spoilers...oops ) I agree it wasn't a super realistic timeline, but I personally am SO relieved it's not longer than it is. I can barely make it through those few episodes. It's almost like that part of the story doesn't even exist to me, because I don't like to acknowledge it, I never go to those episodes for random rewatches, and they're my absolute most hated part of the entire show.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."