View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

That's more of what I was hoping for.

So true, Ted had been broken down throughout his whole life. He lived a very reserved lifestyle and never believed in his worth. Though his mom seemed loving and supportive, which is good, Ted never adopted self-love, which is the most important kind. When he goes off to Emmett about the "voice in his head" I tear up so hard. It's a little conflicting though, having Scott as Ted's actor, because Ted is clearly written to be "the ugly one", and those voice's in Ted's head seem to make sense for the character, but not so much for Scott-because hello, he's quite handsome. So I have to kind of keep that in mind during that part.

That's so true that all the external love he had, and even the success in his job couldn't ever bring him happiness, or convince him that he was worth love. His wit is very enjoyable to us, but I don't think it was as much so for him.

It's so heartbreaking to watch both of them go through that. I still applaud Emmett so much for being SO loving and attentive for as long as he could possibly stand it before Ted tore him to absolute shreds. At which point, I applaud Emmett for having the self-respect to finally leave him...

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."