View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 11:47 PM
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, it was a terrible scene, & it never even seemed like Willow understood why Tara was so upset or why it was wrong
Earlier Willow would've understood that, the later WIllow is a different story. I would've thought she would learn her lesson back in Something Blue with her being intelligent and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I think Giles leaving town is what hurt everyone as a core group a lot in S6.
I strongly disagree with that because he isn't responsible for everyone to be sane. It's other people's responsibility to keep themselves sane. Children can't live with daddy forever. Anthony Steward Head can take time off if he wants to. He can't stay on because fans want him to. I mean I am not particularly fond of Charisma being on Angel for reasons that shouldn't be discussed here.

Buffy was placing all of the responsibilities on him and he didn't like that. I wouldn't either. Giles does NOT have to be responsible for everything. How is Buffy going to learn if he were to stay around?
Yes, Giles stayed in Sunnydale when Buffy asked him to be her watcher in Season 5, but that was when her mother was around.
Yes, Buffy was depressed in Season 6, but that is no excuse to place ALL of the responsibility onto a man who has responsibilities himself. That house isn't Giles's house. Dawn isn't under Giles's custody. Giles isn't some man to sponge off of. Giles isn't responsible if things fall apart. He isn't the glue to keep all things sane. If anyone who is at fault for not keeping the payments on the house while Buffy was in heaven, it would be Willow and Tara. They were slacking off on the responsibilities that things started to get bad in that household. It wasn't Giles's fault, it was Willow&Tara's stupidity. One of them could've stayed home to watch over Dawn, or they both get a job and have either Spike or Xander to watch Dawn.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 06-02-2019 at 11:52 PM