View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
^ There never will be.

It is getting late and I'm starting to get tired. I couldn't resist, so I pressed play, watched the phenomenal scene Treat/Greg created as Andy/Ephram and suddenly feel awake and ready to watch more Everwood, lol. So intriguing. These characters are so real, I feel like I am sitting in that same room as Andy and Ephram experiencing what they are enduring.

Yes, Ephram got through it. I mean, he came to an understanding. He blamed his father for everything and what I find amazing about Andy is how he didn't want Ephram for one second, to blame Julia for the affair. He wanted to take all the blame, every ounce of it, because of not being there for the family due to work and his busy lifestyle. I love how Ephram stopped thinking his mother walked on water and his father wasn't the devil either. He finally saw the reality of the situation. I loved this storyline. Not that I was glad to find out Julia had the affair. I did like how things were not so simple. It wasn't just Andy working and absent. Julia did play a part in their marriage failing as well and she wasn't this perfect human Ephram thought she was. The best of mother's are not perfect, and Ephram really needed to understand that in order to forgive his father for his part.
Wonderful analysis. The main thing I hated about Madisongate is that it at least temporarily destroyed all the progress that Ephram and Andy had made in their relationship after having such a horribly estranged relationship after Julia died. One thing that this show did so well was to show that every character had flaws and none of them were perfect.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy