View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:05 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yeah, I agree. I think Buffy's death and pretty much becoming the new leader changed her. I guess her magic had to get stronger over the summer to protect everyone in Buffy's absence. I'm sure that's what made her even more cocky and made her more addicted to magic. Now that I'm older, I love Willow's magic addiction storyline even more. I love how she got dangerous, realized her problem and became sober, then once she lost a loved one she just let the dam burst and didn't hold back. It was a great thing to watch and the only thing I liked about S6.

Yup when you noticed you are so powerful that you have the power to bring someone back from death, in a way I can see why it would make one feel as a good because it is pretty unheard of to have that power and I loved how Giles was really the first one to see how bad it was for Willow to bring Buffy back because she is playing with forces that she didn't understand.

When I first watched it, I disliked the whole Willow arc in season 6. I did like when she gave up the magic but of course than Tara's death happened.
When I re-watch it, I sort of appreciate the writers for doing the arc because there are like sex addiction, and drug addiction and the way Willow was acting was like a drug addicted person who just couldn't stop it. Even when she first stopped it, she was going through her withdrawls so it was sort of a realistic storyline in a way.