View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:16 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yeah, but I highly doubt they would do that. Or at least I hope they don't. Interesting. You know while I didn't like the series ending I did at least love Barney's ending. That's great but I'm not interested in it and don't get me started on Dark Phoenix. Now if I could I would watch Toy Story 4. Oh, do you know Keanu Reeves plays in it as an evil kenevil toy name Duke Kaboom?
Exactly, that's why I don't think they'd do that either.

Yep, and I get why a lot of people didn't like the ending, but the only reason I liked the ending is because I managed to figure out what the trick of the story was and I felt it all made sense. Otherwise, Ted's story to his kids wouldn't have made any sense at all if they had ended it any other way, you know? But I do think the writers messed up when it came to staying focused on their story. Do you know that during the end of season 7, when they were preparing scripts for season 8, Craig Thomas gave an interview in 2012 where he admitted who the mother should've been?

Craig Thomas: "It should've been Robin. We screwed up."

In other words, he thought that the direction they took the show and a lot of the mistakes they made could've been avoided had they just made Robin the mother right from the beginning and hadn't done that "Aunt Robin" stuff.

Well, I'll let you know if Dark Phoenix is any good. I hope you like Toy Story 4. And no, I didn't know that, but that sounds cool! And I still haven't seen John Wick 4 yet.