View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 04:20 AM
smoguntia
Master Fan

johnrossbowie
They are taping the final @bigbangtheory_cbs episode tonight (I am not in it) and I wanted to shout out @billprady for a second. Computer programmer. Jim Henson alum. RadioShack apologist. And the guy who thought “what if we made a TV show where the nerds weren’t tertiary, but they were front and center.” (And a TV show where 3 of the regular cast members wear glasses. Take a moment to consider how rare that is.) He’s also the guy who suggested a subtle “Tom Brokaw liquid L” at my audition, but had to make do with the ridiculous Elmer Fudd that came out. For 11 years. Thanks, Bill. Good note.
Photo credit: @jessicaqueller, of Supergirl fame.

itswilwheaton
I'm sitting in the set where it all began for me, ten years ago, watching the taping of the final episode of the show. It's poetic and heartbreaking and beautiful that my journey with @bigbangtheory_cbs is coming full circle tonight.

I don't have the words to properly express my gratitude and love, but I'll try. To my friends in the cast, crew, and writer's room: thank you for everything; not just the work and the wonderful experience as an actor, but for welcoming me into your family, and being such a huge part of my life.

I'm going to miss you so much. I'm not crying, you're crying.

jessicaradloff14

This is all I’m allowed to show you from tonight’s finale taping of The #BigBangTheory, but trust that it’s incredible (really, one of the best finales EVER and I don’t say that lightly). Not to mention, the food was on point. 🥠🥡🥢 To say that this show has had an impact on my life is an understatement. I watched it very briefly in the very beginning, some 12 years ago, and that was kind of it. Then, while I was home sick over the holidays some five years later, my mom said to me, “You know what show is hysterical? The Big Bang Theory. You gotta watch it.” I didn’t care to argue with her because I was sick with the stomach flu, and, well, you’ll do just about anything to stop thinking about how sick you are. But I watched, and then when I kicked the bug a few days later, I started watching re-runs and new eps like it was my job (irony). It coincided around the time that I started working at Glamour, and we realized our readers loved the women on the show, especially how @missmayim’s Amy and @themelissarauch’s Bernadette balanced out all that testosterone (nothing against the guys-love them). But their arrival introduced plenty of relatable and relevant stories that resonated and re-energized the show. And so I began writing about it weekly, having amassed over 200 articles about everything from relationships to motherhood. I became close w/the cast, the producers, & publicists, some of whom are now my nearest and dearest friends. You know who you are. Without their support (or @warnerbrostv) I never would have been given the opportunity to moderate at Paleyfest—which to this day will go down as one of the best nights of my life. And the fans! I have made some incredible connections w/so many remarkable people who have friended me online & shown me so much kindness. For all the crap that social media gets, you guys make it so much better. And you all deserve Ph.D’s because you’re smart enough to know a brilliant show when you see one. Luckily I caught up and you welcomed me w/open arms. Thank goodness. And @mildmanneredsteveholland @stevemolaro @billprady #chucklorre, Mel, and @ansleyrix, TY for welcoming me into your family. I’m never leaving. ⚡️🚪👓👩🏻*🔬

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote