View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 09:37 AM
Cyclone139
Absolute Fan

Love this one, definitely one of my faves. It's great to have a Happy-centric storyline and the ending with the VR dance is a classic Scorpion moment.

I love how Toby is so protective of Happy, even after she throws a spanner at him! Later when he realises that Happy has no friends it's a really poignant insight into her character. I like to think she stayed in touch with Ada, it would have been wonderful to see her again, especially if Walter could have found a cure for her condition.

Walter's attempts to empathise with Paige and her troubles with Tim are adorable, even though he kind of assumes he's suddenly mastered empathy - typical Walter! The reveal that he's got his information from magazines is a nice touch - I love how desperate Toby is to figure it out. Glad to finally have an end to the ridiculously drawn out Tim saga too, I just wish it had happened sooner.

The case (although it's not really a case) is another one that highlights the combined skills of the whole team. I love how Walter prompts Paige to talk to Ada's father - he recognises she's the only one with the skills to deal with the brewing situation. The emotional aspect of this storyline is done very well, you really do feel for poor Ada.

Watching Cabe and Allie together is so cute! It kind of bothers me that Allie posted that video of Sylvester, though. I know it's her job to do what her boss tells her, but wouldn't she have refused on moral grounds? I love Cabe even more for the way he sacrifices his relationship with her to stand up for Sylvester.

I've already watched this episode a lot, but any excuse for a rewatch is OK with me! It does make you realise how desperately it needs a sequel though. Maybe I'll add it to my list of fics to write one day?