View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:12 AM
fly me to the moon
Moderator Support Team

^ Yeah.. That's right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue winter roses (View Post)
Yes. It's a Targaryen tradition that they marry within their bloodline. While incest is frowned upon for everyone else, the Targaryens were considered to be above the rules. Dany's parents are far from the only instance of it and Dany was brought up believing that she'd marry Viserys.

Not saying I condone incest in real life but for me personally, I always try not to apply real world morals to fiction, especially if (like GoT) it takes place in a universe that's far removed real life, because they're just different things. Some things are relatable but some things aren't, a lot happens in fiction that doesn't reflect reality.

As for Jon and Dany, while I'd expect Jon to more likely have a problem with the incest factor, it seems to me that the bigger issue they're setting up here is how this affects claim to the throne. Because I don't think Dany would be as willing to bend the knee as Jon was. But I also, and I swear I'm not basing this on anything other than my own opinion, wouldn't be surprised if one of them dies. If that were to happen, marriage wouldn't be an issue
You are totally are right that I always keep it in my mind that I always keep apart from the show and the reality, but still gross to knowing now after both you and Lindsay say about Targaryen.. Very, very interesting.. Hmm..

But yeah, I'm w/ you about Jon part since I just have feeling that he wouldn't go that far for her.. I mean, let see how it play out.. I really hope..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy