View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:11 AM
FrellingTralk
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
David and Gillian fortunately squeezed in some good shipper moments in the episodes they wrote, thankfully. And thankful to them that they noticed how it was going and continued to play it like the feelings were there, despite CC being stubborn cause everyone knew Mulder and Scully only had one outcome after all the chemistry!
I did appreciate how David and Gillian directed episodes all had such shippy moments in them it, it seemed like they were as invested as the fans

Quote:
But yeah it was supposed to be underlying cause the point of the X-Files was supposed to be about the casefiles... but M&S grew unintentionally on the side.
I know that a lot of people felt like it would change things too much, but I think they could have still had M/S as a low-key couple in the background, while keeping the case investigations the same Perhaps not early on in the series, but once they started really teasing the shippers in season 6, at a certain point they should have just put them together on-screen imo and let it play out. Even in the revival series, it seems that CC would rather split them up then have M/S working cases as a romantic couple though