View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a little late with this I know Any way thanks for the new thread Millie and welcome to the thread, Ashley

Fantasy/Mystery - THE VILLAGE

+ What did you like best about the movie? Why?

How the village was situated in such an isolated area, matching it to the period style clothing and I believed for the majority of the movie that they were in a different time zone.

+ What did you like least about the film? Why?

The ending... I'm still questioning what I think of it

An opening ending to leave you questioning whether they would keep living the lie, as it's somewhat easier than re-adjusting to the outside world.

Good side - reminds me of THE TRUMAN SHOW (what's right and wrong). Bad side - the blind girl is now aware that the people on the outside are capable of being good, contrary to what she had always been taught. Moreover, staying in the woods means being away from medical supplies, which - as they have learned with Joaquin Phoenix's character - can be a bad thing.

+ Who was your favorite character in the movie? Why?

Bryce Dallas Howard's, as she proved the dangerous lengths she would go to in order to save the person she loves.

+ Who was your least favorite character in the film? Why?

The village people who tell William Hurt's character that he has done a bad thing by allowing his daughter to leave for medical supplies.

+ Comments:

A truly thought-provoking film. Lots of people feel cheated by the lack of an actual supernatural threat in the woods, but I think the facade and the reveal that the villagers were behind the whole 'threat' was a truly insightful look into the concept of how far people will go in order to preserve their lives and/or start over from scratch.

+ What would you rate this movie out of 5 stars?

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote