View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Yellow Mustang Girl
Fan Forum Star

Andie I wore this awesomely sexy black dress with sequins sort of outlining the bodice I will try to post pictures soon

I almost died twice yesterday. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but it got your attention, didn’t it? Besides, I did have one true brush with death and another wary check on reality.

My first brush with death came at lunchtime. I choked. If you do not wish to read the gory details, skip to the next paragraph. However, if you do wish to hear the details, continue reading: I was eating a grilled portabella mushroom sandwich with my gal friends. If you are familiar with the portabella mushroom, you know it’s a large slimy thing. In the process of our lunch conversation, I was doing much of the talking as they were asking all kinds of questions about my love life or lack thereof. So, when the girls finished their lunches, I still needed to finish about half of mine. Hence I swallowed a larger bite of my sandwich than I should have. The chunk got stuck in my throat. Not the kind of stuck where you cough and cough and make a scene… the kind where no air whatsoever is getting into my lungs and the kind where the lump of food is not going any further down no matter how many times I swallowed or tried to gag it back up. My eyes got all black around the edges, and I panicked, and was about to try to get the girls’ attention (as they didn’t even notice because I was not making any sounds—when you are truly choking like that you don’t make sounds – hence the international sign for choking is two hands around your neck). Right as I was about to grab the one girl’s hand and then show her I was choking (hoping she’d do the Heimlich, as I was 90% she knew how), I started gagging. It’s amazing how God designed our bodies…. To have such a reflex to help expel the food. Needless to say, it was gross. I was basically throwing up this large chunk of portabella mushroom right there at the café table. But I survived, and the girls were a bit freaked, but concerned. I apologized for the gross scene (thankfully, I had a napkin in hand when the food came out, so it wasn’t too disgusting).

My second brush with death, and much less of a brush with death, was my drive home. I saw a huge wall cloud which was about to turn into a tornado at any moment according to the weathermen. In fact, the guy on the radio kept saying if you are headed west from AR to OK, turn around. But I wanted to go home, and I’d already called mom and dad, and they suggested I come on home. So I did Thankfully it was just scary, eerie greenish sky, no rain, no hail, just tornado sirens, dark clouds, and that ominous wall cloud with the lowered section. I swear, it looked like a still picture of one of those large mile-wide tornados… not the spindly ones you draw as a child, but the huge wide, wide ones. The cloud with its lowered spot almost was to the ground, but thankfully there wasn’t much rotation.

Well, that was my day yesterday (or, two large parts of the day…. The rest was rather normal … normal for me that is). How was yours?

Carol