View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

^ The chemistry between Giles and Anya in the Tabula Rasa episode was off the charts

Tia, I completely agree that Season 4 would have been a great time to bring Buffy and Xander together romantically. I cannot fathom what they were thinking by putting her with Riley ...The only thing that made sense about it was that he was one of the Initiative gang who was masquerading as her TA. There was a link to the Slayer stuff that made him less vulnerable as her partner. That said, they didn't make much sense together and I don't recall Sarah talking fondly of the relationship

Anybody who watches THE FRESHMAN - I dare you not to feel affected by Xander's big speech about Buffy being his "hero."

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
For me, there's something about Buffy & Xander that feels like they could have happened any time. Whether they're teenagers or adults, it just feels like they just could have been this sudden realization that there was something a little bit more to their friendship
Agreed, Sophie. Xander very likely never gave up hope on Buffy seeing him in -that-way and that's why it would have made sense at any time, including Season 7.

It's excruciating that they wasted time on Xander/Willow in Season 3 when you think of how they never gave Xander/Buffy a chance
Skam Italia icon
Gwen