View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:52 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
TFTNT

From the old thread:

Yes. It was very good. It got into the story right away with no clunky expository backstory. You learned the character dynamics from the rhythm of the story and the interactions, and it seems any necessary backstory will come to light on the fly. It was weird to see Zack Morris as a bad-ass ex Special Forces soldier, but he pulled it off. He also established a connection with Abby, the little girl he is sent to basically kidnap, so between the inferred backstory of his own child's death and the interaction with Abby, it isn't so surprising that he decides to try and protect her from his employers instead of turning her in like a good little girl.

On the flip side, the vampire storyline is intriguing enough to insure I give them a few episodes to hook me in further. These vampires lean more towards The Strain vampires than Dracula, and I'm interested to see what's going to happen there, because it's pretty easy to see that they are going to turn on their jailers big time pretty soon.

All in all, I'd recommend it. It delivered more than most of the new series have this year, and you get to see Zack Morris go all John Wick on some dudes, and that's always nice. Plus, Emmanuelle Chriqui...what more could you ask for?
Alan, given your intellect and writing style, you could easily be a TV/Film/Comic Reviewer.

Seriously, you could. Excellent thoughts. You make me want to watch. Keep updating on the series. If you still continue to like it after a few episodes, I will give it a try.