View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:21 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Outlander

Friends

NFC Divisional Playoffs - Philadelphia Eagles vs. New Orleans Saints

Well, I actually agree with you when it comes to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, sum1. But I actually did like Batman: Year One as a jumping off point for Bruce Wayne's origin story. I thought it was optimistic when it came to showing Bruce and James Gordon becoming allies and showing how Bruce spends his first year in Gotham. Yeah, I know that it leaves out a lot of the stuff that happens earlier, like Bruce's training, but that stuff actually gets fleshed out with more detail in the Legends of the Dark Knight series, which kind of acts as a companion to Year One. A lot of Bruce's backstory gets told later on, and Year One sets it up. I do think that the story for Selina Kyle couldn't been better. I thought the whole prostitute storyline was unnecessary. And I always thought that Commissioner Loeb was named after comic book writer Jeph Loeb, who eventually wrote The Long Halloween and Hush.