View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:21 AM
Austenphile
Elite Fan

So crazy general theory. I have been bouncing around this idea that when the show is over there will be a reset in Jamaica where they either choose to get on the original plane. Or they will be sent back in time to the point where the turbulence happened and land on time. But with all the knowledge they learned from the alternate timeline or they were in a virtual reality simulation, and would go back to their original vacation. But I really started thinking about why it was happening when I read someone else’s theory on twitter about why their being sent ahead to learn something. So my theory can either be sci-fi (AU/VR) or faith (It’s A Wonderful Life/Scrooge).

Before the flight, every passenger had a pressing issue. They get to see what happens with that issue when they are not around.

Michaela was mad at her parent’s interference, having issues forgiving herself over Evie’s Death, withdrawing from Jared and maybe even Lourdes in her guilt. When she was missing, she lost her mom. And Jared moved on. But she helps Evid’s Parents and realizes that Evie’s death saved a young man’s life.

Ben was so consumed with Cal’s cancer that he was neglecting Olive and not being the emotional support his also grieving wife needed. Cal gets cured but he loses his relationships with Olive and Grace because they find someone who offers them the emotional support they need.

Cal was worried about dying and not growing up with his twin. He gets saved but his family falls apart, and he no longer has the same relationship with his twin or his friends.

Saanvi was consumed with her research. It works. But she has no social life and starts to develop friendships with the Stones.

Fiona was obsessed with the collective consciousness. The government starts using her research as a potential weapon

And to a lesser degree, the others have cause and effects:

Thomas/Bethany worry about the hate crimes and Leo’s and Thomas’s safety. Leo still disappears.

Kelly has a life built on others pain. She realizes the truth, tries to change, and gets killed by her maid she had previously mistreated.

Radd worries about being a single father. His son gets arrested for a crime he did not commit.

Harvey is a loud obnoxious drunk. His drinking indirectly leads to several deaths.

Autumn is a con woman. She is blackmailed by the government.

So when it ends, the plane lands on time. Saanvi still saves Cal, but realizes their is more to life than work. Ben shows attention to Grace and Olive and supports them. Michaela embraces her parents advice. And marries Jared.

It may be a reach that they were sent ahead to learn a lesson and the callings are helping them learn for a do-over. But I cannot stop thinking about Grace’s quote from the Pilot. And how she personally has not followed it so it must be a clue.