View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Austenphile
Elite Fan

I am going to agree with you about her being justified in being mad at Ben. And everything else you said was spot on. We were with him and know his thought patterns and reasons so it is easier to sympathize with him. But she had every reason to be furious. I thought some of her actions during the fight were low. But that is how real people argue with their spouse unfortunately. I was angry watching it the first time. But after a rewatch I can see her side. Both are wrong and both are right.

The problem with Grace getting sympathy from viewers though is that Danny is involved still in their lives. So people get the impression she is rejecting Ben for Danny. And that she has been looking the past two weeks for an excuse to get Ben out of the house to make way for Danny guilt free. It is not my interpretation. She is legitimately mad that Ben was lying to her, and their son was in danger. But I did have to wonder when I saw Danny at their house in the promo if maybe those people claiming that she just wanted to get rid of Ben were not correct. Time will tell if Danny is back as a romantic partner for Grace or because right now he is the only person Olive feels values her. Either way it is sticky and Grace likely will have a rough road with the audience as long as Danny is around.