View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Primal Slayer
Ultimate Fan

It was a slight increase in quality week to week but I feel like the sisters arent really allowed to grow that much as Charmed Ones. The only thing that seems to move ahead are their romances and Maggies pledging.

The quick training at the beginning of the episode was nice, would've preferred it be longer but whatever. Maggie being more interested in texting then defeating a fake demon....girl..not a good look. Are you interested in this witch thing or no? I do like that Mel is very into being a witch and knowing all that she can know but girl needs to take some baby steps instead of trying to master some big ass spell that can take out an entire room!

Mel having her girlfriend over for a sleepover and then going upstairs to do some witch reading...not the smartest idea, she probably needs to choose one or the another some nights. Its to big of a risk that she finds out your secret because you want to have your cake and eat it to. If and when the writers tone down Mel's extreme "you are a white male, I dont need your help, dont take my wins" she will be so much more enjoyable. I am glad that she learned that she needs to slow it down a little and listen to Harry when it comes to magic.

Maggie doesnt care about training but girl has got personal gain to do a T! She can make drinks out of thin air and sexy outfits out of thin air. Mels girlfriend is a cop and is fine with all of this what I assume is underage drinking? So Maggie glamoured everything around her and about her and as a consequence it seemed to give her cramps? Was that what it was? Of course the guy that Maggie is crushing on is her Kappa sisters boyfriend! I want this whole pledging thing to be done and over with. This show is so focused around campus that it kills me.

We got to find out more about Macy and Mel. Macy didnt have the greatest time in school and thus she is very reserved. She likes her personal space and isnt into being sexy. It seemed to be wrapped up rather quickly but I hope they still keep that aspect of her around a little bit longer. Macy is also a 28yr old virgin! That is certainly not common for tv dramas so I hope they do this storyline well, especially since she got her mack on with her boyfriend who is not her boyfriend at the end of the episode. Not sure why Macy was so excited to use her powers at the end of the episode when she used them perfectly at the beginning.

Stray thoughts:

The sisters dont even need to look through the book for what they need? It just reads their minds and flips to it automatically? Especially with personal gain?

A lot of people around the net have talked about the original Charmed Ones being all about their men well...these witches are already very much about their love interests. We are still very early into this series and we are spending to much time on trying to get these sisters hooked up with people.

Once again TCO do something that needs Harry to save them. Mel almost kills Macy and Harry has to save her. Though I guess this helps Mel get past her bitterness towards him.

So they cant vanquish this demon, they have to wait for The Elders to come down and do their thing? These sisters barely have any agency. LET THEM have to do things on their own, save some innocents without having to rely on Harry.