View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 06:54 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
The accident, John needing multiple surgeries and Trace feeling guilty, that ship has sailed because Trace wouldn't mentioned something by now like he owed it to John to keep going. So it's not that theory.

I just wonder what Trace was thinking. Did John speaking about how his wife and kids understand that going on tour is a good thing. Did Trace really think Abby was okay with him being gone most of the time. It's not about the press and the public attention. It's the fact that Trace isn't there. Sure the girls are young now and not having really big life moments, but they will. Life passes you by when you're there to see it and even caster when you're not. Sooner than later the girls will be going into middle school and high school. Sure Wes is their father but Trace, being with Abby, automatically makes him step into that stepfather role no matter if they make it official or not. I don't think Trace gets that, well, not until the last few moments of the finale. The look on his face says a lot even though Trace doesn't say a word. Peyton Sawyer said it best "you say a lot when you keep you mouth shut". Not sure how they'll play that into Season 4. I cannot see Trace spending another minute on tour much less months overseas when he finally realized what he's going to be giving up since it's clear that his life will not include music career, being gone all the time and Abby with the girls. Unfortunately I think life kind of kicked him in the ass and well, Trace needed a good kicking reminder.
Loved that Peyton quote.

I just don't get it because it seemed like the entire season built up to a realization for Trace. It really seemed like the only decision he would make would be to remain in Chesapeake Shores. It doesn't make sense. Is it possible the network filmed two endings? Maybe if the series was concluding, we would have gotten the ending of Trace staying home. But along the way they knew another season was happening, so they aired the present ending?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
Well, the book did touch on some drama for Trace and Abby that held them back a little, which was written in a very nice way. But yeah, the relationship as a whole was fifteen times and more better. Now that's not speaking for the entirety of the show. The first season was pretty close to the connection they had in the book, but once music entered everything, well, the book went with the tide and set sail, nothing would ever be the same.
That sucks. I wish they would have stayed closer to the books. I guess they highlighted music because the actor is so damn good in this area. The irony is the music parts are the most boring. I would bet a lot of people don't even watch the tour scenes.