View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:46 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I can't watch Sabrina because I don't have Netflix, so I'll have to wait and see if it gets uploaded to On Demand.

Oh, I see, Nina. Well, that MacBook is probably a lot better. And I guess if I had a tablet I might watch stuff on that because I think tablets and Ipads are like smartphones, where you don't have to go through a start up process like you do with a laptop, you can just turn it on, click the browser, and go online.

I'm not surprised about Feige, because I think he's a control freak. I can't stand the guy. I'm hoping that after Avengers 4 the MCU gets retooled because Hank and Janet deserve to be in the Avengers and I want the classic characters recast and not have a bunch of new characters taking over that no one's gonna care about. And I can't stand Tom Holland's Spider-Man. I want the grown up version from the comics.

I agree with you about Toni. They had an idea for a story in season 2, but she hasn't done much since, and I also agree that Cheryl works better as a solo character who flirts with everyone while trying to manipulate them. You're right, we don't need all these couples.

Well, I hope the Moose/Kevin thing isn't a throwaway, but I just don't see how they can give it much time with all these other plotlines stuffed into the show. I think the writers are forgetting how tight the show was in season 1, and this happens to a lot of shows once the writers get drunk on success. I unfortunately see this show going down the same path as Twin Peaks, sadly.

Fanservice often kills good writing, Nina. And yes, they're spending so much time making Betty and Jughead the Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy of the show, they're not really giving Archie and Veronica much to do. Truth be told, Archie really should be the Frank Hardy character because he's basically the reason for the entire Riverdale storyline. They're called Archie Comics for a reason. Yeah, I wouldn't be bothered if they dumped Bughead and had another Archie/Betty moment as well, just to keep this from being the Bughead show.

Thanks for the info on Sabrina. That's pretty cool that Riverdale was mentioned, albeit briefly. And I pretty much guessed that members of the 90's cast would make an appearance, because these shows can't help themselves. Oh, I had such a crush on Beth Broderick on the 90's show. I haven't heard of that show, Sharp Objects.

Yeah, I guess the Fred/Hermione thing is pretty much over. That's a shame because I really thought it gave Fred something to do other than be the dad. I don't think Hermione is afraid of Hiram, but I do think she's playing her cards right and perhaps waiting to see if he goes down, and potentially take over for him. And yes, when the parents all came together regarding the Gargoyle King it reminded me of Stephen King's IT, where a group of adults who made a pact in childhood(or adolescence) are all reunited to confront the same problem that has suddenly returned. I was surprised that Keller, Hiram, and Sierra were all there as well. But I do remember Hiram was on the wrestling team at Riverdale High, remember? So he is from the town, he just moved out to New York later on. As for Keller, well, I have no idea.