View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 08:51 AM
FileXxX
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Well, that's the thing about it - I'm sure he was sincere. But over time, things change a lot. One of my uncles told the woman he was dating straight up he didn't want kids, she did, but she said she loved him more than the idea of kids and they got married anyway. She was completely committed to the relationship. Eight years later, they divorced over their disagreement on kids. Over time, she realized she was only okay with no kids over the short term, and as she got older she realized no, I really do want to find someone that will be a parent with me. Both his and her families were devastated because they were such a great couple otherwise, but that broke them. His family - mine - we don't consider her a liar for telling him eight years before their divorce that she was okay with not having kids, because at the time, she genuinely thought she was.
I guess that'll always be a possibility, but that goes for relationships in general. People break up over minor things after ten, twenty or even thirty years, even though everything was rainbows and unicorns up until then. You never know what the future brings.