View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 03:55 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Ohhh, I love that armory scene, Arinna!

Hi, Lila! OMG, Cesare had 11 illegitimate children? And Lucrezia took care of all of them?

Well, I don't think that Lucrezia would've had any problem with Cesare's daughter by Charlotte, she probably just figured that his daughter was already well taken care of in France and that Charlotte was taking care of everything, so it wasn't necessary. There was never any reason for Charlotte or Lucrezia to have any issues with each other since they'd never even cross paths.

Oh, so he died in his fifties? I guess that's a long time back then, huh?
Yeah, I suspected that Alfonso d'Este was insecure because Lucrezia was supposedly cheating on him all the time. Keeping her pregnant all the time seems a bit extreme, though. Yeah, that probably did result in her health problems. Human women aren't like dogs and cats, they can't just keep popping out kids like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mignonette (View Post)
I'll never understand what NJ was thinking when he wrote TBA. It seemed like his goal was to completely destroy the relationships between Ces, Lu, & Rodrigo, but why? Was he that angry at the sibs for the incest? It was his own damned writing that created it! Thank god we never had to see that horrible script come to life! François said he would've liked to have played Cesar until his demise, but I wouldn't have watched it. I loved Ces too much to see him die! It would've given me PTSD for life!! Knowing how he died IRL is bad enough
I think NJ just didn't give a by that point, Lila. I think he felt compromised in his artistic vision by Showtime and the fans, along with Francois and Holly's input, and I think he didn't even really understand the story he was telling. I mean, how much did he embellish or outright manufacture for the show that never even happened in the history? So why would he have a problem with the incest even if it didn't really happen, and especially since there was a precedent for it since the rumors about Cesare and Lucrezia did exist regardless of whether they were true or not.

Yeah, I'm glad that script never got made, although I wish that someone else could've taken over the show and done a fourth season that would've ended similar to the BBC version. Sure, it would've been difficult to see Cesare die, but dying on a battlefield, lying in the grass, and having his memories of him and Lucrezia flashing through his mind while Lucrezia read his final letter to her and her children would've been a poignant, if sad, ending.