View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 06:28 AM
comic fan
Addicted Fan

Some thoughts on this issue and season 12 as whole.

First,Speaking as a B/Aer and now having read the issue,I'm perfectly satisfied.I'm happy with how both Buffy and Angel's interaction and Buffy and Spike's interaction are handled and presented at the end of the issue.Right now I don't even care which ship or if either has s future.As a end point currently in its present form for BTVS,this whole aspect worked for me.

Overall,I'm satisfied with season 12 as a whole not just how they handled B/A and B/S.I think this would of benefited being longer.Six to twelve issues.The time travel aspects were a little wonky but I like how the Fray future and Buffy's fate that has been hanging over the verse since the Fray miniseries was resolved.I was convinced Buffy would die or be gone and I'm very happy that didn't happen.

Ofcourse I hated the Angel/Illyria thing although as I've said elsewhere,the goodbye moment between her and Angel actually worked for me as she made her sacrifice which I know is strange given how I feel about the pairing.It was something important I noted to both Gage and Jeanty in my questions to them in the Slayalive Q/As.The fact that they got someone who hates the pairing to buy into it for a micro second.lol I also noted to both that I liked how the final interactions between Buffy and Spike and Buffy and Angel were handled.With that said,I hope Angel and Illyria never hook up again if she's found.

Going back to length,With Illyria's(and by extention Fred's) sacrifice,I wish we could of gotten Gunn in there.If the series had been longer,I think we would of gotten some appeatrance from Gunn and Connor.But I know the length problem was out of Gage's and Joss's hands.

As for Buffy and Faith as cops.Yes,I don't think it's realistic for them(especially Faith) but I'll go with it

The end was sugary but you know what,I liked it.Considering I was expecting a bleak ending for Buffy herself,I'm happy.