View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Glad that it's better now.
Thanks!

Quote:
Around 6:00 PM I left the office .
That’s good it wasn’t another 8 PM!

Quote:
Today was a good day for me. Busy but quite productive. I had a talk with the CTO and he was like "We gave you too much stuff at once and you are overloaded. We need to delegate some of your responsibilities to others". He told me that he asked the HR to organize training for leaders and managers so that this could help me. She already did for next year and I already told her that I am interested in those.
Glad today was a busy but productive day!

Great news that upper management is on top of how swamped you are and you’ll be able to delegate some. Excellent! How is HR, by the way, since her cult left?

Quote:
I also had quite the success with M. He finally took responsibility and started contributing to the work process with ideas as well as taking over stuff without complaining and whining. Basically we will add 5 more people working on the project and M took over the responsibility to train them. He would also coordinate the rest and report to the project manager for me. And the best thing is that the ideas came from him. I only told him that I am worried that we can't meet our deadline. He agreed and offered immediately suggestions. He even gave me an idea how to sell this to the management.
Outstanding! Glad that you’re on the same page and he’s not squealing anymore, lol.

Quote:
I also managed to convince few people from another team to help us with testing. I sold it to them differently. M and I are really worried that we would not be able to fit in the deadline we have and that the things are quite unstable. So we asked this other team to help us and get to know the project in the process. They will need to do it anyway. They totally agreed.
Wonderful!

Sounds like a terrific day especially since it transpired on a Friday so you have the long weekend (with the holiday) to relax and not feel too stressed out.

Quote:
And to top of it I just got back from volleyball game where we won with 3:0. I was lucky to watch quite the game in the hall. That was cool.
Excellent!