View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 06:24 PM
SweetSymphony
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I just watched Stolen Kisses and I am reminded of the biggest problem I have with Dawson and Joey. I feel as if every character on the show shoved down our throats how much Dawson and Joey were meant to be together because of their history but we never saw this represented in their romantic saga or even in their friendship.
So much word to this. I really liked DJ in the beginning..when I first saw the promo for Dawson's Creek..I was so excited with the boy and the girl next door story. But I felt like the show kept missing the opportunities they had to put DJ together. It's like they wanted to keep them apart to prolong the 'inevitable'..and they just ended up waiting too long and DJ missed their chance to be anything more than good friends.

Quote:
Aunt Gwen is one of my least favourite guest stars. Her behaviour towards Joey and Pacey was reprehensible. I did not like how she banished Pacey to go back inside while she chastised Joey for following her impulses by kissing Pacey. Something she did herself with Richard. Then she tried to help Dawson along by telling him to visualize his future, in hopes that he would see Joey and fight for her, when she knew Joey had feelings for Pacey at this point.
I love Claire but Aunt Gwen sucked! How annoying was she! She left her husband to be with some dude that she ended up falling in love with but she's the one telling Joey ...who is NOT EVEN WITH DAWSON that she's doing something wrong? I'm sorry but is Joey Dawson's possession? And she interrupted an amazing PJ kiss that I was waiting forever for...trash.

Quote:
I also watched The Longest Day and I am reminded of how awesome that episode was written, but it is also so frustrating to watch Dawson and Joey after he finds out about Pacey, and the ultimatums he gives her. She was just beginning to figure out that what she had with Pacey was serious (i.e. confessing that she needed him), and was forced to give it all up because of some misplaced fear that Dawson put into her head that she would not be able to last with Pacey and she would have no friends if she chose Pacey rather than him.
Dawson using Joey's fear of losing the one stable thing she's had since her childhood to further his agenda of forcing her to be with him was one of the saddest thing I saw. Especially to a couple who was considered 'soulmates'.