View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I think Invasion is really coming into its own. The past four or so episodes have really been pushing the storyline and things are really taking shape. I have to say, I have enjoyed the second half of the season much more then I did the first half. I've been watching since episode one, and it was pretty much out of habit. Now? I can't wait for Wednesdays!

Anyway, I think this episode kind of showed that not all humans have the right idea. What I mean is, Jesse's idea of wanting to talk to Tom is good, but he should know that simply talking isn't going to work right now. I kind of see it like this: not all hybrids are good and neither are all people. By the way: has anyone noticed that most of the younger hybrids (like the teens in schools) are more, well, jerky and angry then the older hybrids? Could it be a youth thing?

Moving on:

Characters:

Tom: In a way, I feel awfully bad for him. Here he is, thinking he has everything under control and the more he goes on, the poor he figures out that he may just be clueness and somewhat of a tool for Szura.

Szura: He seems so other worldly. So in control. We saw Suza clearly going against Tom and apparently Szura's creepy activities and manuels are news to Tom. Szura's future activities should be interesting.

Russell: First, his fight with Tom was Would he have actually shot Tom? I doubt it. As much as Russell is unsure of Tom, I think he also knows that Tom loves Mariel and the kids and that he does want to live in peace, even if he goes about it the wrong way. Anyway, the scenes between Russell and Jesse spoke volumes to me. Sure, Russell has spent the season (aka month and a half) trying to figure out what is happening, but he's also been kind of ignoring his kids.

Mariel: In a way, I feel very bad for her. She seems to be losing her son. And she seems to be getting more and more unsure each week. And her cleaning and stocking the house? Tres creepy.

Larkin: God, what did she do this week? I can't even remember.

Dave: Honestly, he didn't really have much to do this episode. At least, not that I can recall. Though, I'm sure him studying the maps and things they found on the island will be helpful.

Jesse: I've always liked his character and I love the way he has been explored this season. He went from this unsure kid, to being wry of Tom and what was happening, to becoming angry and taking action. Honestly, Jesse's character has had the best (and most) evolution throughout the season. Give that kid an Emmy, like, now.

Kira: I like Kira, I really do. I think it is a shame that the character is mostly underused. But, I can see big things happening to her in season two (if there is a season two.) From her little fight with Jesse-which seemed to have some jealously behind it, on Jesse's side-it's clear that Kira thinks not all hybrids are evil. And really, they aren't. Tom, Mariel, Lewis, Lewis' priest, and others have proven themselves. Still, she's a very naive and overly trusting girl. I could see that coming back to bite her in the butt. 'Cause that last scene with Szura-creepy and maybe forshadowing.

Rose: Ok, it is time to run Rose. Seriously, what kind of school is she going to now?

Lewis: Thank goodness he isn't dead. I adore him!

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.