View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 05:15 AM
a little chaos
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Those are good points, Becks. To be honest, I think it’s still a storyline I’m going to struggle with if they continue it further, but I’ll just try to roll with it. More so than anything else, I’m just worried that the flame will become a magical fix-it for every conflict, sort of like it was in 5x13. Madi closed her eyes, came up with the plan, and the plan worked.
I think when it comes to this storyline, the majority of non-clexa fans don't like it and the remaining clexa fans love it. With rare exceptions like me, most Bellarke fans don't like the flame and it's because it is heavily linked to Clexa. When Lexa was on her death bed she uttered the words "The next Commander will protect you" and Clarke responded with "I don't want the next Commander, I just want you", this carries a lot of meaning to Clexa fans and now Madi is Commander (someone Clarke cares for deeply) it holds so much weight for us.

When Lexa died, the flame was all we had left to cling onto, so thats why the flame means so much to me, it's a part of Lexa and it's a part of Clexa, it isn't a plot device to me or a storyline, it's a piece of my beloved ship.

I think that is the difference for people who love the flame and those who don't. Not everyone has an emotional attachment to it.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚