View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Hello to you, daggerrose!

Hmm, I still think it's within his character to have done all of that. I mean, he already paid for Justin's school, took him in, helped rehabilitate him, etc. Those seemed like the next steps, and while he may have been a little guilty of the 'trying to make Justin happy' thing, that's a pretty common experience of many people in love. And exactly, daggerrose, season 1 Brian never ever would've done that. He would've scoffed and rolled his eyes.

I actually loved that Brian bought that house... and when he said, "It's for my prince", OMG, I cry every time. I think it's beautiful. And for Brian to have said "I love you" to Justin was fine, I think, because it was so obvious by that point, anyway.

I'm still not under the impression that they flat out broke up, after having watched the series creators say that it wasn't their intention to have had those characters break up. (It was in a reunion panel or something? Don't remember the exact name.) But they said they were assuming Brian would go visit Justin in NY, or vice-versa, cause the plane ride was less than an hour.

I'm not sure if there's an ending I would've preferred. The romantic in me would like to see Brian and Justin move into that house and be happy, but I also felt like Justin fell in love with Brian *because* he wasn't the marrying type and all that, and I think the two characters explain that nicely when they decide not to get married. So, IDK, I might be one of the few who didn't hate the actual ending? -shrug-