View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:29 PM
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Hello and welcome, I'm BK FFS! We're glad to have you. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on Brian's progress throughout the series.

I agree, it was so great getting to see Brian evolve from the guy in the pilot, to the guy he became at the show's end. All of these characters experienced some level of personal growth, and NONE of them were exactly the same as when the show was first starting out. Which is why I do not get what people mean when they call it OOC simply because Brian wanted to stop living so much in fear, and wanted to finally show how much he loved Justin. It was so powerful that Brian was finally letting that well-repressed romantic side to his character be known to the world. Sure, some of the behavior he showed went against what he'd said or believed in, but there is always that battle between logic and emotion. This time, his emotions won out. It's like his heart and soul were singing.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm excited to be here!

That's true, all the characters grew and evolved from the beginning. I feel like Brian evolved the most though, or maybe just that HIS evolution was the most meaningful, because like you said, he allowed his emotions to win out, finally. (I "awwww'd" at the "it's like his heart and soul were singing" - sooo true!)

Just watched the episode with the Babylon bombing and I'm still sniffling...ha, but definitely directly applies to what we're discussing here. I also disagree that any of Brian's changes were OOC. Even the "untameable beast" can be penetrated by love, and love changes you. I feel like people who argue with Brian's actions at the end of the series are ignoring the glimpses of him falling in love that are obvious in season 2, with him helping Justin after the bombing. (I mean c'mon, homeboy can act like he doesn't care as much as he wants, but we saw evidence EARLY ON that it wasn't true.)

indeed... It proves how strong Brian actually becomes, to let himself appear as he used to call "weak" - showing love, etc. So heartwarming.