View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 AM
LindaL100
Absolute Fan

Well I'm disappointed that James Gunn was fired but I can understand why, those comments he made while they were made many years ago, but those were some vile and sick comments...and even though Gunn deemed them as "jokes", but they were "jokes" of very bad taste. I have to admit I'm very disappointed in Gunn, I didn't know he had made all those sick and disgusting comments. So as much as I loved Gunn's work in the first 2 GOTG movies, but to be perfectly honest, I actually support Disney's decision to fire Gunn...Roseanne Barr was fired and her show was cancelled because she made some racist remarks, so it's only fair to fire Gunn too for making offensive comments too, even despite the fact that those comments were posted many years ago. I don't think Hollywood should give certain celebs a free pass on their bad behavior just because they're liberals. Hollywood is notorious for being full of mostly liberals, and tend to have a bad reputation for its bias favouritism towards liberal celebs, and tend to discriminate against conservative celebs. I think by firing Gunn, who is a liberal, Disney is sending out a message saying that vile behavior will not be tolerated in the business regardless of whether they're liberals or conservatives.

It also infuriates me that the conservative who spearheaded this campaign against Gunn is a misogynistic hypocrite who himself had also posted many disgusting sexist comments made against women, this hypocrite is no better than Gunn

What I'm worried about now regarding GOTG3 is whether or not Gamora will still return for the sequel, even though it's already been confirmed that Zoe will be back in GOTG3 and Gunn said that she will play a big role in it, but this was before Gunn was fired...now that he is no longer involved in GOTG3, he will eventually be replaced by a new director, and this new director might not have the same ideas as Gunn, and he or she could decide not to include Gamora in the next movie. I really hope Gamora will be back because she's my fav character in the GOTG movies.

Last edited by LindaL100; 07-22-2018 at 09:48 AM
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote